Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Active desktop recovery, desktop.htt problem in windows terminal server 2003

I've suddenly started having a problem with Active Desktop Recovery being shown every time I start my (Win XP Pro) machine. When I click "Restore my Active Desktop" I get the following error:

"An error has occured in a script on this page:
Line 65

Char 1
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/My%20Name/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Desktop.htt"

I thought it might be a problem with my recent installation of IE7, but I've reinstalled this and it still doesn't make a difference.


Solution :

I have now sorted a fix for this problem

run regedit

find this entry - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\Components

change the key value - DeskHtmlVersion REG_DWORD 0x00000110(272) to decimal zero

Close regedit log off and log back on.

This has worked for all our XP clients

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this thread.

I just had exactly the same problem.

have now sorted this problem

"I ran regedit \ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\Components
changed the key value - DeskHtmlVersion REG_DWORD 0x00000110(0)




when logged back in, it is working fine. i have not faced any issue ever since.

you are a life saver man, keep it up

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this!! I had ignored this problem on one of my Terminal Server users until I found your solution. Worked great.

Unknown said...

Merci รง marche pour le TSE